Got up early. Ate lots of toast. Hostel food gets boring quick. Try to figure out bus schedule. Find correct bus. Board said bus. Take bus to Kilmainham Gaol. End military speak.

Kilmainham is the famous jail in Dublin where many a historical figure was housed throughout the ages. I would go into more depth, but we did a lot and I don’t want to wear everyone out early.

From the Kilmainham tour, we went to the National Museum of Modern Art. It was at the National Museum of Modern Art that we learned we don’t really have an appreciation for modern art. Important lesson.

From Modern Art, we went to the Guinness factory! Fun fact: this is the most visited spot in Ireland. It is also shaped like a giant pint glass. It is also 7 floors. That’s about 6 floors more than I ever need to know about a single type of beer. I was a little worn out by about floor number 5. I BARLEY made it to the top. It was almost too much to BEER. But I gotta tell you, the place was HOP-in. (Maura and I greatly enjoyed the vast number of puns one can make in the Guinness factory). It was here that I confirmed another lesson I already knew. Sorry Dad, sorry Uncle Steve, but even in Ireland, Guinness is just yucky. I had a much great appreciation for the Jameson Distillery.

The only reason I'm smiling is because I'm holding the Guinness and not actually drinking it

We washed out the taste of Guinness with, what else but Coffee! Then it was time for event number 4- the Wax Museum. For some reason, the Wax Museum is pretty much the one thing you can find anywhere in Dublin – there may not be street signs, but you could walk a mile and still be seeing signs for the Wax Museum, it’s incredible. I advise anyone ever planning on visiting Dublin to go. And to go late on Saturday, when the museum is empty, because it allows one the opportunity to play in the children’s portion of the museum and to take as many photos with the wax figurines as you please, which, of course, we did.

GEORGE BERNARD SHAW!! HE AND I SPENT OVER HALF OF TENTH GRADE ENGLISH TOGETHER- IT WAS NICE TO FINALLY MEET HIM IN THE FLESH- I MEAN, IN THE WAX

Playing in the Children's tunnels!

After a good deal of time spent with wax celebs, we were starving, so we scouted out Temple Bar for an authentic Irish dinner, but, failing to find a restaurant that appealed to us and our budgets, we returned to our favorite Pub Crawl pub for some Guinness Stew. (The beer may be gross, but it is delicious slow cooked with beef and potatoes). After digesting our massive meal, we took a self guided tour of Trinity College and then back to Jacob’s Inn for some hostile, I mean Hostel sleep.